Libertyvilles boys basketball team, led by four players who scored double digits, defeated visiting Vernon Hills 67-59 in a North Suburban Conference crossover Tuesday night.
The Wildcats had a strong first quarter, running out to a 23-11 lead, but the Cougars fought back and trailed only 35-34 at half. Libertyville answered after halftime and led 53-44 after third.
Joe Borcia led Libertyville (6-21) by scoring 18 points, including 4 field goals in the first quarter. Jack Lipp had 16 points, Drew Cayce added 15 points and Jack Deichl chipped in 11.
Vernon Hills (10-16) was led by Stephen Curry who scored 16 points. Trenton Fulton added 13, and Robby Nardini had 12.
Lakes 55, Lake Zurich 39: Lakes wrapped up the regular season with a strong road win in the North Suburban Conference Crossover game and improved its record to 22-6.
Lakes had three players in double figures, led by Direll Clark with 16 points. Jake Kohler followed with 15 and Justin Bergeron added 10 for Lakes.
Lake Zurich (14-15) was led by Brad Kruse with 15 points.
Zion-Benton 64, Wauconda 51: Dion Head and Ricky Sidlowski scored 14 points apiece for the Bulldogs, who fell to 13-14.
Austin Swenson added 11 for Wauconda.
Zion-Bentons Milik Yarbrough led all scorers with 27 points.
Conference: North Suburban Prairie
- North Chicago stops Carmel
- Images: Carmel vs. North Chicago
- Another upset special for Barr, Carmel
- Boys basketball: Lake County all-area team
- Carmel v. North Chicago: Live stream of game
Conference: North Suburban Lake
- Green blossoms quickly at Stevenson
- Knar retires from coaching at Mundelein
- Simeon completes 4-peat against Stevenson
- Images: Stevenson vs. Simeon boys basketball
- Images: Stevenson vs. Edwardsville, boys basketball