Batavia 71, Larkin 43: Batavia (16-9, 7-4) topped Larkin for the second time this season Wednesday in Elgin.
Sophomore call-ups Alexis Bryl, Sara Zeyen and Jess Koch all got time on the floor and played well. Seniors Jenny Welday and Grace Andrews combined for 10 second-half points.
Hannah Frazier led the Bulldogs with 17 points. Liza Fruendt and Miranda Grizaffi were also in double figures with 16 and 12 respectively.
Batavia travels to Streamwood for the final UEC River Division matchup at 2:30 p.m. Saturday trying to play spoiler as the Sabres play for a conference championship.
Aurora Christian 39, Immaculate Conception 34: The Eagles (16-8, 6-3 in SCC Gold) continued their strong second half on Wednesday with a 5-point win.
Alyssa Andersen led Aurora Christian with 19 points. Alex Hultine scored 7, Kirsten Madsen had 5 points and 6 rebounds, Natasha Brown grabbed 12 rebounds and Ashley Hochsprung had 6 rebounds.
Batavia High School
Aurora Christian High School
Conference: Upstate Eight River
- Streamwood named Sky team of week
- Images: Daily Herald All-Area Basketball Team Captains
- A little push from sis went a long way for Streamwood's Cerda
- Girls basketball/Fox Valley all-area team
- Batavias Fruendt takes her game to next level
Conference: Suburban Christian Gold
- Girls basketball: Tri-Cities all-area team
- ACC falls at buzzer
- Aurora Central pulls regional surprise
- Aurora Central wins regional opener
- St. Bede ends Aurora Christian's record-setting season