Batavia 70, Bogan 51: In the opening round of the Montini Christmas Tournament, Batavia (11-5) used a 22-9 third quarter to break away from Bogan (10-2).
Batavias post duo of Erin Bayram (8 points) and Hannah Frazier (15 points) got off to another strong start combining for 8 first-quarter points, but the Bulldogs still trailed 13-11.
Liza Fruendt (20 points) and Sami Villarreal (3 points) combined for three 3-point baskets to give Batavia a 28-27 halftime lead.
Four consecutive 3-point makes by Miranda Grizaffi (12 points) keyed Batavias big third quarter.
Bethany Orman had 5 points in her first career varsity start. Jenny Welday added 2 points, and Grace Andrews had 5 points.
Batavia will play host Montini at 3 p.m. Thursday in the quarterfinals.
Aurora Central Catholic 69, Plainfield Central 39: The Chargers (6-5) exploded for a season-high 69 points in the opening round of the Oswego East Holiday Tournament on Wednesday.
Four Chargers scored in double figures led by seniors Alex DeCraene and Lisa Rodriguez with 17 and 14 points, respectively. Sophomores Kalie Soris and Alex Horton poured in 15 an 10.
The Chargers take on Downers Grove South on Thursday.
Batavia High School
Aurora Central Catholic High School
Conference: Upstate Eight River
- Streamwood named Sky team of week
- Images: Daily Herald All-Area Basketball Team Captains
- A little push from sis went a long way for Streamwood's Cerda
- Girls basketball/Fox Valley all-area team
- Batavias Fruendt takes her game to next level
Conference: Suburban Christian Gold
- Girls basketball: Tri-Cities all-area team
- ACC falls at buzzer
- Aurora Central pulls regional surprise
- Aurora Central wins regional opener
- St. Bede ends Aurora Christian's record-setting season