Conant might have played its best game of the year.
Senior guard Robert Hudson most certainly did, making 11 of 14 shots from the field including seven 3s to lift host Conant past Glenbrook North 46-31 in nonconference play Saturday.
Hudson finished with a season-high 29 points without even attemping a free throw.
The Cougars (3-5) outscored the Spartans 13-4 in the first quarter and led 19-9 at the half. Glenbrook North had pulled to within 3 after the third quarter, but Conant produced a 19-8 score advantage in the final quarter.
Kevin Schimel (7 points) and DAngelo McBride (6) each made 3 of 4 shots from the floor for Conant.
Oak Park-River Forest 50, Schaumburg 40: The visiting Huskies picked up a nonconference win over the Saxons (4-4).
Conant High School
Conference: Mid-Suburban West
- Two decades later, Fremds memorable run still resonates
- For Dello, the hard part was just being able to say yes
- Bolger leaves his mark at Schaumburg
- Images: Daily Herald All-Area Basketball Team Captains
- Boys basketball: Northwest all-area team