Despite getting off to a sluggish start, Batavia rebounded from Friday nights loss to Geneva by collecting a 73-36 Upstate Eight River Division victory over Elgin.
Trailing Elgin 10-9 after one quarter of play, the Bulldogs (5-3, 2-1) exploded for 64 points in the remaining three quarters.
Erin Bayram paved the way with 16 points while Hannah Frazier and Liza Fruendt netted 13 points apiece. Miranda Grizaffi and Sami Villarreal added 11 and 7 points, respectively.
Marian Central 58, Aurora Christian 55: Aurora Christian shaved a 12-point third quarter deficit down to 1 in the final minutes, but came up short in Saturdays road Suburban Christian Gold Conference matchup.
Alyssa Anderson tallied 22 points to lead the Eagles while Natasha Brown contributed a double-double by scoring 10 points and grabbing a whopping 20 rebounds. Gabi Galbato added 11 points and Taylor Eaves finished with 8.
It was a tough away conference opener between two teams that will be right in the middle of the Gold conference championship race, said Aurora Christian coach Jerry Tokars.
Batavia High School
Aurora Christian High School
Conference: Upstate Eight River
- Streamwood named Sky team of week
- Images: Daily Herald All-Area Basketball Team Captains
- A little push from sis went a long way for Streamwood's Cerda
- Girls basketball/Fox Valley all-area team
- Batavias Fruendt takes her game to next level
Conference: Suburban Christian Gold
- Girls basketball: Tri-Cities all-area team
- ACC falls at buzzer
- Aurora Central pulls regional surprise
- Aurora Central wins regional opener
- St. Bede ends Aurora Christian's record-setting season