Anna Tracy sank a go-ahead jumper with 26 seconds left, and South Elgin held on to beat winless Waubonsie Valley 43-40 on Friday in Aurora.
Emma Rigby scored 11 points for Waubonsie (0-6, 0-1 Upstate Eight Valley), her driving layup with 1:05 to play giving the Warriors their last lead. Andrea Colin, Morgan Grastorf and Kendall OSullivan all added 6 for Waubonsie, which led by as many as 7 in the first half. Colins 3-point attempt for the tie hit off the front rim as time expired.
Kennede Miller had 11 points and 11 rebounds and Tracy 10 points for South Elgin (5-2, 1-0).
Fenton 39, Elmwood Park 28:
Balanced scoring helped Fenton (4-2, 1-1) win the Metro Suburban contest. Sidney Montano and Tina Guarino each scored 9 points, Kayla McPherson scored 8 and Dana Fritz added 7 points.
East Aurora 50, Lake Park 44:
Emily Duckhorn scored 19 points for the Lancers (0-7, 0-2 Upstate Eight Valley), but it wasnt enough to overcome Tyshee Towners 23 for East Aurora.
Oak Park 54, York 47:
AnnaBell Lansdowne poured in 17 points with 5 rebounds and Sarah Milkowski added 10 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists for the Dukes (3-4, 0-2 West Suburban Silver).
Fenton High School
Lake Park High School
Waubonsie Valley High School
Conference: Metro Suburban
- Scheidt is 'money' at state
- Timothy's Scheidt wins Class 3A 3-point contest
- Detweiler, Kohler advance in 3-point shootout
- Montini shakes off Glenbard South
- Down 18-3? No problem for Glenbard South
Conference: Upstate Eight Valley
- Bartletts Gulczynski thriving at Wisconsin
- Bartlett grad Videckis leaves Arizona State
- Girls basketball/Fox Valley all-area team
- One last look at Fox Valley girls basketball
- Bolingbrook thwarts Neuqua