Aly OHerron connected on four 3-pointers and scored a game-high 12 points as Kaneland rolled to a 56-27 Northern Illinois Big 12 East road victory over Morris.
The Knights (5-0, 1-0) opened up a 14-2 lead after the opening quarter and extended the advantage to 34-12 at the half.
Amber Windquist-Bailey tallied 8 points for Kaneland, Vanessa Gould and Sydney Strang each added 6 points, while Caroline Heimerdinger and Ashley Prost chipped in 5 points apiece.
St. Charles East 52, Larkin 21: Senior Paige Jordan collected a game-high 12 points while sophomore Katie Claussner added 10 as the Saints cruised to a home Upstate Eight Conference River win.
St. Charles East (2-4, 1-0) led 28-13 at the half and put the contest out of reach with a 20-2 third quarter outburst.
Senior Carly Pottle and sophomore Kyra Washington contributed 9 points each for the Saints.
Kaneland High School
St. Charles East High School
Conference: Northern Illinois Big 12 East
- Girls basketball: Tri-Cities all-area team
- Kanelands comeback falls 1 point short
- Images: Kaneland vs. Plano
- OHerron, Kaneland knock out Sandwich
- Huntley has what it takes to dump DeKalb
Conference: Upstate Eight River
- Streamwood named Sky team of week
- Images: Daily Herald All-Area Basketball Team Captains
- A little push from sis went a long way for Streamwood's Cerda
- Girls basketball/Fox Valley all-area team
- Batavias Fruendt takes her game to next level