Lakes High School's fans saw plenty of shots fall through the hoop by former standout John Androus, the school's all-time scoring leader.
Androus left Luther fans with those same memories.
The 6-foot-5 senior led the team with 487 points this winter and was recently named a first team all-Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference selection.
Androus finished the season ranked fifth in scoring (18.7), second in rebounding (8.6), second in field goal percentage (56.2 percent, 86 of 153) and fourth in assists (2.93).
It's the third time he has been recognized on the all-conference team.
In 2011-12 he was a second team selection and in 2012-13 he was named the league's defensive player of the year.
He helped lead the Norse to the IIAC Tournament championship game as Luther completed the season with a 17-11 record.
Augustana sophomore Aileen MacDonald (Mundelein) has a 12-6 mark while seeing time most often at No. 4 singles.
The Vikings, now 15-1 on the year, were second in the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin championships. They were a perfect 11-0 in dual meets in the fall, including a 6-3 win over eventual conference champion Wheaton.
Through three games, junior Ty Benson (Libertyville) is tied for third at Augustana (1-2) with 5 ground balls.
The Vikings are scheduled to play their home opener at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday against Dubuque at Thorson-Lucken Field.
On Saturday, they host Concordia (Wis.) at 1 p.m. in their Midwest Lacrosse Conference opener.
Illinois junior Britten Petrey (Schaumburg) finished 13th in the Big Ten Conference meet running a personal best of 4:55.39 in the mile at Geneva, Ohio on March 1.
• Illinois State sophomore Haley Goers (Hoffman Estates) finished sixth in the mile at the Missouri Valley Conference meet and finished 11th in the 3,000 meters, running a personal best time of 9:54.36 in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
• North Central senior Nora Ferguson (Schaumburg) finished second in the 800 meters, third in the mile and seventh in the 5,000-meter at the CCIW Conference meet in Bloomington, Ill.
Eastern Illinois senior Pablo Ramirez (Conant) finished first in the 5,000-meter and fourth in the 3,000-meter at the Ohio Valley Conference meet in Nashville, Tenn.
• Missouri sophomore Tyler Schneider (Conant) finished tenth in the 3,000-meter in 8:15.59 and 13th in the 5,000-meter at the SEC Conference meet held at Texas A&M University.
• Missouri sophomore Dan Roe (Buffalo Grove) finished 12th in the 5,000-meter with a personal best of 14:32.37.
• North Central junior Travis Morrison (Schaumburg) finished 2nd in the 3,000-meter with a personal best time of 8:21.89 at the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin Conference meet in Bloomington, Ill.
• Augustana sophomore Ethan Koch (Prospect) took fourth place in the 3000-meter (8:49.23) at the Stevens Point Open in Wisconsin.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's Matt Schulstad (Buffalo Grove High) received all conference honors at the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin championships by winning the 200 butterfly (1:51:48) and placing third in the 100 butterfly (50:49).
Schulstad broke the school's record in the 200 fly with his preliminary swim time of 1:51.37.
His 800 freestyle relay team came in second and set a school record with a time of 6:54:94. His 400 freestyle relay team placed second with a time of 3:06:61.
Schulstad also placed fourth in the 200-individual medley (1:55:35).
The Rose-Hulman Men's team placed second overall in the championship, which is the best the team has finished at the CCIW.
Augustana freshman Lauren Goggin (Buffalo Grove) is 14-5 at No. 2 singles and her twin sister Dana Goggin (Buffalo Grove) is 12-6 at No. 3. The Goggin twins are 14-5 at No. 1 doubles.
Bradley sophomore Allison Walsh (Prospect) finished out play with a 79 at the 12th annual Rio Verde Invitational to tie for 54th with a 239. The Braves shot a 315 for the third straight round to finish 13th on the field par-71 Quail Run Golf Course.
• Please email Sports Notes items to firstname.lastname@example.org.