Subject Line (article title)
Send to (required)E-mail
Send from (required)E-mail
Redbird Arena at Illinois State University is the place to be this weekend for the IHSA Class 3A and Class 4A Girls Basketball State Finals on Friday and Saturday.
And four area teams will be battling for trophies:
• 3A semifinal: Vernon Hills Cougars (30-2) vs. Montini Lady Broncos (34-1) at noon Friday, followed by Morton vs. Quincy Notre Dame at 2 p.m.
• 4A semifinal: Huntley Red Raiders (26-6) vs. Rolling Meadows Mustangs (29-3) at 6:30 p.m. Friday, followed by Whitney Young vs. Marian Catholic at 8:15 p.m.
If you can't catch the free broadcast on the U-Too network, here are links to purchase a live video feed from the IHSA's tournament partner at www.IHSA.tv:
While Lee Hall and Jill Hutchison will call the 3A action, Dave Bernhard and Daily Herald sports writer and columnist Patricia Babcock McGraw broadcast the 4A semifinal and title games.
Saturday's 3A third-place game starts at noon, with the championship game at 2 p.m. In the 4A contest, Saturday's third-place game starts at 6:30 p.m., with the title game at 8:15 p.m.
And here are links to the team pages at basketball.dailyherald.com for the latest stories, rosters and photos of our local teams:
Montini is a three-time defending state champion, and Vernon Hills is making just its second trip to the girls state tournament. In the 4A semifinal, it is the first state tournament appearance for both Huntley and Rolling Meadows.
- This article filed under:
- Arlington Heights
- Indian Creek
- Lake in the Hills
- Mount Prospect
- Rolling Meadows
- Vernon Hills
- DuPage County
- Huntley High School
- Montini Catholic High School
- Rolling Meadows High School
- Vernon Hills High School
- Prep Girls