Team (record) Comment
1. Montini (33-5) Can Broncos 4-peat in 3A?
2. WW South (28-4) Waldron & Co. poised for run to state
3. Rolling Meadows (25-5) Three Division I prospects, all juniors
4. Geneva (24-6) Vikings strong inside and out
5. Neuqua Valley (23-7) Smith twins show the way
6. Fremd (22-6) Defending MSL West champs full of talent
7. Vernon Hills (27-6) DePaul-bound Bennett-Swanson back for 3A runner-up
8. Cary-Grove (21-9) Going for 4th straight conference, regional titles
9. Stevenson (23-8) 4-year vets Moffat, Elzinga lead the way
10. Metea Valley (16-13) How much will no Geldernick hurt?
11. Maine West (13-17) Junior Brittany Collins heavily recruited
12. Huntley (13-15) All indications are frosh Andrews the real deal
13. Naperville Central (19-9) Trowbridge, Cuny carry much bigger roles
14. Libertyville (21-7) Mayer back for 3-time NSC champs
15. Elk Grove (14-14) Naughton commits to Jacksonville State
16. Wheaton North (13-16) Traversa, Baird lead big group back
17. Streamwood (15-14) Could be one of Rosner's best teams ever
18. Benet (25-7) Who will step up to support Prasse?
19. South Elgin (19-11) When Uveges returns, could be very good
20. West Aurora (15-12) Plenty of varsity experience returns